As you might expect, a couple of 2 year old toddler boys do funny stuff ALL the time.
Above is an animation of Ashton touching Dylan’s tongue when he sticks it out, which they both found to be superbly hilarious.
Ashton is obsessed with cookies and calls out for a cookie whenever he’s hungry or if he thinks that one might be nearby. The funny thing is that instead of saying cook-ie, he pronounces it as “coo-kah” and says it over and over (and over) again. Coo-kah, coo-kah, coo-kah! It’s hilarious and adorable. He knows that they come from the pantry, so he’ll often point to the pantry or go to the pantry door and ask for a coo-kah repeatedly.
Dylan is still an eyelash lover. He constantly touches his eyelashes, especially when he is upset or tired. But it doesn’t have to be one of those situations, he just loves touching them constantly. It’s definitely a comfort thing for him. He also loves his sleep sheep stuffed animal, which has recently surpassed the meerkat and Elmo in popularity for him.
Dylan LOVES ducks and birds.
Dylan does a squinty smile and lays his head on my knee.
Google+ uses its nifty “auto-awesome” photo and video enhancement features to automagically produce a “Year in Photos” video for users. Below is the resulting 2014 Year in Photos video for us, which turned out pretty dang good for an auto-generated video!
Of course, if I would have hand-picked all of the 2014 photos going into this, I would’ve selected some different ones, but considering that I had to do zero work on this whatsoever, Google does a great job.
Photos/video featured, in order of appearance:
- Tera and Ashton on the historic Heber Valley railroad. We had a great time on a little weekend getaway up in the mountains, visiting Heber, riding the railroad, and staying in Midway.
- Wes and Ashton in Springdale, on our weekend trip to Zion National Park.
- Dylan and Ashton, lounging in Springdale.
- Ashton and Dylan (with froggy & monkey backpacks) on a hike in Zion National Park.
- Chillin on a rock in Zion.
- Driving a shopping cart car at Smith’s marketplace in Bountiful.
- Ashton feeding Dylan some rice at Mikado.
- Dylan snoozin.
- Momma with the boys, floating in the hot tub at our hotel, in Park City, UT.
- Aviator Ashton and Dylan taking to the skies in Park City.
- Playing at the sandy beach at Bear Lake, Idaho.
- Dylan in the grass at the South Davis Rec Center. I remember this photo distinctly because I was chasing Dylan all over the lawn trying to snap a photo, all while he was laughing joyfully and playing the “avoid the photo” game.
- Summer time pool fun, our back yard.
- Pineview lake sandy beaches, this past summer. Great times with Papa and Nana.
- Wes, Ava, Eric, Jason group photo while standing in the Great Salt Lake (while also being attacked by disgusting, biting brine flies).
- My Mom, Antelope island.
- Ashton & Dylan with cousin Ava.
- Water toys at Discovery Gateway.
- Play-doh apple tree activity at Discovery Gateway.
- Ashton at the Rose park playground.
- The boys with their first candy canes, while dad shopped at Lowe’s.
- The play grocery store at Discovery Gateway.
- Our first snow man!
- Ashton deep in concentration, throwing snowballs.